Translate

Thursday, May 30, 2013

My introduction to K-POP

I have recently become obsessed with all things K-POP, especially K-Dramas. I got into the music first then worked my way slowly into dramas. I've always been a fan of foreign films so I guess my jumping over to actual dramas and series' was only a matter of time. The first drama I ever watched was Dream High and the first song I heard was Gangam Style (typical I know lol) but listening to that is was opened me up into the world of K-Pop. After listening to PSY I youtubed girl groups because even though a part of me is a total rock and metal head, deep inside i'm a girl too and love pop music. That's when I discovered 2NE1 and MissA. I quickly fell in love with the rawness of 2NE1 and the some what sweetness that is MissA. But of course my favorite in the end turned out to be 2NE1 they have everything musically that I was love. Most of my friends have no idea that I listen to K-POP, honestly I don't think they would understand. Some people don't like to think outside the box, but i'm not like most I was willing to give it a try and was instantly hooked. I recently was able to get my boyfriend to listen to a song other than Gangam Style. Hopefully i'm able to get him to cross over *fighting* K-POP to me is more than just music and dramas; it's art, it's life... it opens your eyes to a whole new culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment